Sunday, July 24, 2011

leo lionni

Last year for our son's first birthday, amongst some other gifts we purchased him, we also started off his library collection.

As his second birthday is fast approaching, I've been carefully considering what books we want to get him this year to expand his collection, and of course a library wouldn't be complete without some Leo Lionni!




While I was at Yuba College I took numerous Early Childhood Education classes to be a better mother. I am so thankful for all the knowledge I gained during that time, and I have to say one of the strongest points I took away with me was how important it is to read to your children.



I am glad I have fond memories of my mother reading to me as a child. Not only did it sharpen my communication, verbal, and writing skills, it also rooted in me a deep love for art and creating.

Do you own any Leo Lionni books? Which are your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I don't own it, but my favorite is Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse. I must have read it for the first time in elementary school and the colors and texture really stayed with me. In fact, about a year ago, those images really came to mind as I was thinking about what books I really wanted to share with my children. I could not remember the book's title or author or really very much of the story at all. But from my description of the art work the librarian guessed right away that I was referring to Leo Lionni's classic tale.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...