Sunday, July 3, 2011

pleasantly plump knits (product-packaging love)


When we were expecting our 3rd son, I came across the most adorable baby booties on Etsy. I am a very tactile person and was initially scared to buy the booties online without touching them first to see if they were "itchy" or not...I am very picky on what I'll let come in contact with my newborn's delicate skin. After I saw Ann of Lou & Lee blog that she had bought a pair for her son, I of course trusted her judgement and happily started a collection of booties for our little son Isaac.

In fact, Meghan, who lovingly hand knits each bootie, beyond thrilled us when she named a pair with a color combination I had requested after Isaac (shown)! It makes my heart happy every time I see them sitting in her shop.

Well, she recently announced on her blog that she was going to change up her packaging to be more eco friendly. I won't lie. I was so attached to the previous packaging that I was a little hesitant to the announcement of change, though I admired her efforts in moving towards "green" packaging.

Needless to say, when Meghan released the new packaging design on her blog, I was immediately smitten. It is perfection!

Not only is the new package and tissue paper 100% recycled content, I loved that Meghan kept wit her previous packaging theme of growth and earth but instead of executing that idea with astroturf (as she had done) she includes a little package of wildflower seeds with the booties. The type on the seed packet reads, "My wish for you is to grow strong & true."

Um. LOVE!

If you are in the market for a baby shower or are shopping for your own baby or babies of friends and family members, these little booties are the perfect gift.

The quality is outstanding and I mean c'mon...if you are going to cover up precious, tiny baby tootsies, it better be with something pretty darn cute! Meghan's pleasantly plump knits more than pass the test, not to mention she is the sweetest person to work with. I have all of her little handwritten notes she included with my orders saved in Isaac's memory box.

1 comment:

  1. AHH!!! I'm floored! I was so excited to see this title in my blog reader & so appreciative of your kind, sweet words!
    It really is such a huge compliment coming from you guys, your designs & ideas are so creative & amazing!
    Thank you! Thank you! :) (I'm going to go share this post now)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...